Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Note to Readers

I do not expect anyone to read through the mass of material below, so please do not feel obligated. There is a whole lot of information in these Journals Sections, most of it completely boring to anyone but me, but I post them on here for my own benefit.

I do, however, make a custom of recommending particularly-interesting individual entries. The entries for March 17th, 19th, and 21st, and to a lesser degree the 22nd, are excellent historical resources for contemporary accounts of the Iraq war at its inception.

The imminent war was never far from my fourteen-year-old mind in the spring of 2003, and when it began I followed it obsessively.

Most of the rest of the month is high school drama, which, though amplified in significance by my perceptions of it, is a genuine representation of the fear and pain that many children feel dealing with school bullies.

No comments: