Sunday, August 19, 2012

Departure


I leave tomorrow for the West Coast, where I'll finalize the terms of my employment with Sentinel of the West Literary Agency. It's difficult to believe that's actually happening.

When I started this blog in the spring of 2008 I was a nineteen-year-old college sophomore, and thus in all the time you've known me my story has been one of dormitory escapades and summer jobs and fights with my parents, in essence a chronicle of adolescence.

Yet in two days I will, after an eight-month internship and a five-and-a-half-year university tenure, begin my career. It's one of those steps that once taken is irreversible.

And I am so happy to put that foot forward.

9 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Congratulations on all you've overcome and all you've accomplished!

God bless you in what lies ahead.

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely THRILLED for you, BB!!! I remember exactly what it was like when I departed home for what is now my home, way back in 1980. If you are anything like I was, and I suspect (after reading so much of your blog) that you are, you will embrace this, excel at this, and NEVER LOOK BACK!!!!

Did I miss my family? Yes. Could I ever have gone back? Nope.

Congratulations again, my friend, you are on the way up!

Peace <3
Jay

jo(e) said...

Aw, it's like you're all grown up now.

I think you're going to be an amazing agent.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you need to update your profile! You're not a college student in the Southern United States! You're a Literary Agent on the West Coast of the United States!

And please, keep blogging. Your blog is an inspiration!

Peace <3
Jay

rented life said...

Congrats!!!! :) So, when I finish writing my book, does this mean I can send it to you? haha. Have a safe move--and as peaceful as moves can be.

Anonymous said...

I've only been with you for about a year and a half so far, but it's been a joy to share your adventures and I look forward to this new chapter.

laura b. said...

Best wishes! Can't wait to see what happens next!

Cynthia said...

A new follower of your blog...good luck and congratulations on your new agent job.

Glennis said...

Congratulations, BB, and much luck to you!

What a great new beginning.

Oh, what rented life said!