Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve


As we come to the last day of 2014, I look back on a year that's seen me break through a terrible trauma and move on to accomplishments that would once have been unthinkable. I have successfully completed a semester of graduate school and charted a career path, have made a new group of friends (proving to myself that what happened at Major University wasn't a one-shot deal), and have generally asserted my control over my own life in a way I once thought was permanently lost to me. At the close of last year I had nothing to celebrate save my near death; the year before that, a full twelve months of unemployment.

Things are much better than they have been in a long, long time, and I look forward to turning this stride into a sprint towards a future I can be happy in.

4 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Happy New Year, Brightened Boy, and God bless you.

Congratulations on your good decisions in 2014.

Unknown said...

So very happy to see you in such a positive mood! You have grabbed life's reins and are in control. Very, very, cool!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Peace <3
Jay

Arizaphale said...

By the crikeys BB! This is a cheery post! I am feeling your encouragement from across the waves...

Was Once said...

You will evolve organically, with some of those usual hitches that plague everyone, born out of you own history and the combination of it with the current environment. Just trust your intuition and the universe's plan for you. Relax when you find yourself thinking to much, perhaps the easiest way is to laugh at yourself....and Breathe a deep breath.