Monday, April 9, 2018

Last Night of My Twenties

It's tonight. 

What an extraordinary period that’s ending this evening. So much growth, so much understanding, so much improbable achievement has taken place over the course of the last decade, and in surveying that I find I can’t quite bring myself to mourn the years passed. Their beauty was in what they gave me, and those gifts were borne of struggle. It was a necessary struggle, and a fruitful one, but I am glad that many parts of it are now over.

I’m happy to stand where I do. I’m happy to welcome a new chapter, even as I bid fond farewell to an old one. I’m happy to move forward. I’m happy to embrace thirty, and I pray God will bless and guide me in this new age with the same constancy He did in the old one.

4 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Amen! to your prayer.

Arizaphale said...

Happy belated birthday to you! I well remember my own 30th. It is indeed a milestone. May the coming years bring satisfaction, health and wisdom. xxxx

Franca Famous said...

This is a truly educative post and I am overly glad I saw it today. You made out some really nice points and I can't agree it at all and all I can do at this time is to bookmark it and share with my friends. Thanks for this nice piece of information.

Presh said...

I find YouTube desktop super cool.